This app hasn't been updated in awhile, and is known to be buggy at least with Samsung's homescreen application ("TouchWiz"). If this app doesn't work for you or doesn't do what you need, you can try "Wallpaper Wizardrii" (the author of this app has no affiliations with the author of Wallpaper Wizardii) which works like a charm and has over 9000 features.
This application lets you choose an image stored on your Android device (SD Card, internal storage) and applies it as your home screen (or "desktop") wallpaper.
This particular app has been coded for the older devices in mind (HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Motorola Droid, etc), as it is LIGHTWEIGHT: no background processes, no media scanning services, no caching nonsense. This is as simple as it can get.
** Features **
- Browses through your files, with images thumbnails (only actual image files are listed for to not add unnecessary clutter)
- Has its own "image crop" window and NOT rely on neither the "Camera" or the "Gallery" native Android app to select and crop your image to apply as a wallpaper.
- You can use your usual preferred file manager insted of the one provided in this app. You might have to long press and choose "Open with..", depending of the file manager. (See the third screenshot for an example of this)
** Limitation **
I ask Android "What image size would you like to have as a wallpaper?" and I use this answer to "lock" your selection (in the cropping window) in a certain aspect ratio. You can definitely select a big portion of your images, but a part of the image will be unselectable. On the other side of the coin, the selection fits exactly your home screens.
** NON-features (This app does NOT have these) **
- This app does NOT fetch images from online repositories to apply them as a wallpaper. There are already over 9000 applications on the market that does this, and this one right here doesn't. This app only reads images on your local SD Card.
- This app does NOT cache images, because it only adds clutter on your storage space. Also, since i'm aiming specifically at older devices, I am speeding things up considerably here.
- This app does NOT stay "always on" as a background service, because again I try to keep it fast for older devices. When you quit the app, the app quits too. Keep it simple stupid :)
*** Developer comments ***
This is my very first Android application (and I learned Java ONLY to develop for Android), so please try to NOT be harsh if things doesn't work the way you wanted :-)
Even though this application is my first "baby footsteps" in the Android programming, I have tested this on a HTC Hero, on a Nexus One, and to a lesser extend with a T-Mobile/HTC G1, and found things were doing great with no bugs. However, if you try to load bigger than PC desktop sized wallpapers (roughly 2000x1500 and bigger) into this app, Android will complain about not having enough memory to load up the image. You will see things in the system "logcat" on that matter, but I gracefully reload the image at a smaller scale to circumvent the lack of needed memory to load huge images. I just thought i'd let you know.
set homescreen, apply homescreen, set background, apply background, all your base are belong to us, set wallpaper, set image wallpaper, set image, apply image, goddammit Notion Ink please ship your orders already :) (Yes, i'm random like that)
|تعیین وال پیپر|