The AFib Educator was developed to help healthcare providers explain atrial fibrillation (AFib) to patients, their families and caregivers.
This app provides healthcare professionals with an interactive resource to help illustrate how AFib can affect the heart; visually demonstrate the symptoms, risks and management strategies of AFib; and where patients can learn more.
• Detailed animated, color diagrams of the heart under normal rhythm and during AFib
• Fluoroscopy (x-ray) images of the heart in and out of rhythm, featuring the heart's electrical impulse
• EKG readings with normal heart rate and with AFib
• AFib management animations: demonstrates the effects of different management strategies for a heart in AFib, including:
- Rate control
- Rhythm control
• AFib risk animations:
- Stroke risk animation: shows an AFib-related stroke to illustrate that a blood clot can travel from the heart to the brain as a result of AFib
- Remodeling process animation: depicts the remodeling process, which is a result of untreated AFib that affects the shape and size of the heart
• Facts about the signs, symptoms, prevalence and risks of AFib can be shared through the "E-mail a Friend" feature
|باز کردن سوکت های شبکه|