PLEASE READ: This app is the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 8th edition (OALD8). You may want to wait to buy the new OALD9 app. OALD9 will be available in early May. It has more words and meanings, new pronunciation practice, plus improved Favourites with lists of related words to learn.
If you decide to buy OALD8 now and install it on your device, you can buy the new OALD9 app at 80% discount. Or you can wait and buy OALD9 at the full price.
For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
100 SAMPLE ENTRIES ONLY. This free download gives you 100 sample entries from the OALD 8th edition. You will not be able to cross-refer from these entries to other words that are in the full dictionary. To have access to the full dictionary you will need to buy it via in-app purchase.
Improve your English language skills with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Understand what words mean. Learn how to say them. Know how to use them.
This version of the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (OALD) lets you buy through in-app purchase:
• Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (A-Z + audio): the full A-Z dictionary including audio
• Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (A-Z): the full dictionary without audio
• Spoken words & sentences: if you buy just the OALD A-Z to start with you can upgrade to include the audio later
The OALD audio lets you listen to real British and American voices pronouncing words and example sentences (not text to speech). Access the high quality audio online, or download all 116,000 example sentences to listen offline.
The OALD is a world best-seller. It has been developed by the same editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find exactly what you are looking for, fast:
• All the dictionary text is live- tap to instantly look up any word
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms etc. – tap to show the full entry again
• Find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you don’t know the spelling
• Create your own list of favourite words
• Tap on phonetics, abbreviations and symbols for help with what they mean
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Learn more with a dictionary that’s written for learners of English
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
• Easy-to-understand explanations written using the 3000-word defining vocabulary
• Use the Oxford 3000 keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
• Look up over 57,000 synonyms and opposites
• Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) highlighted
• Find the Academic Word List words easily – they are all labelled
• Notes give extra help in difficult areas, for example the differences between similar words, tricky points of grammar, or British and American usage
• Find information about British and American culture
• 1000 new words and meanings keep you up-to-date with today’s vocabulary and usage
• 1300 words illustrated in groups build your topic vocabulary. You can enlarge and explore the illustrations.
• Access over 95,000 extra example sentences
• Study all verb forms, and word origins
|اجازه دسترسی به لیست حساب ها در سرویس حساب ها را فراهم می آورد.|
|باز کردن سوکت های شبکه|
|دسترسی به اطلاعات مربوط به شبکه ها را می دهد.|
|استفاده از مدیریت انرژی و WakeLocks جهت بیدار نگه داشتن پردازشگر و جلوگیری از کم نور شدن صفحه نمایشگر|
|دسترسی به اطلاعات مربوط به شبکه های Wi-Fi را می دهد.|
|نوشتن اطلاعات در درایوهای سیار|