The Molarity App from Sigma-Aldrich(R) is a chemistry calculator tool that generates lab-ready directions describing how to prepare an acid or base solution of a specified molarity or normality from a concentrated acid or base solution. A second tab includes a general molarity function that calculates the mass of any reagent needed to prepare a given volume of solution of desired molarity. A third tab features a stock dilution function that calculates how to dilute a stock solution of any known molarity to your desired volume and molarity.
● Calculates molarity and normality for common commercial acid and base solutions by auto-populating density, formula weight and weight percentage.
● Users may input lot-specific certificate of analysis values for density and weight percentage.
● The Acid and Base instructions link to Sigma-Aldrich website/mobile website to display relevant acid or base products.
● General molarity and solution dilution options feature molar, millimolar, micromolar, picomolar and femtomolar concentration options.
● The Android version includes option to save and share acid and base solution preparation instructions.
Normality calculations assume reactions based on H+ or OH- ions.
Concentration of 56.6% ammonium hydroxide is equivalent to 28% ammonia (NH3).
Additional calculation details may be found with online web version at http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/molarity.